The Emergency National COVID 19 Taskforce has made recommendations in an effort to curb the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The recommendations were made during an emergency meeting between permanent secretaries of different Ministries as directed by President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
Here are the outcomes in the National taskforce meeting on COVID-19.
1. Curfew enforcement to be more strict.
2. SOPs should be fully implemented and enforced immediately.
3. Burials, churches, mosques, social gatherings are to be scientific going forward.
4. Increased enforcement.
5. Online classes at higher levels should be emphasized.
6. The President to make the final statement in due course.
7. Lockdown may come for 3 weeks.
8. Public transport might be stopped.
9. Cargo transport for cargo only.
10. Strengthen vaccination drive.
11. Focus is going to be on high risk districts including among others Kampala, Wakiso etc.
12. Learners who haven’t started (p1-p3) to wait a little longer.
13. Children in boarding schools to remain in schools and monitored closely.
14. Teachers not vaccinated not to be allowed to teach.