A suspected bomb has exploded in Komamboga, Kyanja a Kampala suburb leaving scores of revellers injured. The explosion occurred a few minutes past 9pm on Saturday night.
The police authorities in charge of the area have confirmed the explosion but said details are scanty.
“The scene has been cordoned off, and our joint task teams from the bomb squad called to thoroughly document the scene, to help determine whether the explosion arose out of an intentional act or not,” Police Said.
What we know;
- A blast that AIGP Asan Kasingye says is from a bomb.
- At least 2 people are confirmed dead, several were injured.
- The incident happened at a pork joint in Komamboga, Kampala within curfew hours.
- Area cordoned off by Uganda Police
- The blast comes on the heels of a terror alert issued by the UK to gov’t of Uganda last week.
Below, Watch Revellers recount events leading up to the explosion at Komamboga, Kampala.
Details to follow…